How to make money by blogging is a question a lot of would-be marketers ask when looking for ways to earn extra money from home online.
Believe it or not, nowadays you can make good money by blogging.
So if you are one of those looking to make money while working from home, blogging is one way to do it. Blogging is great for people who like to write, prefer to work their own hours and have something they are passionate about. To get started, here are a few tips on how to make money by blogging.
How To Make Money By Blogging
The first thing you need to do if you want to know how to make money by blogging is to decide what you are going to write or blog about.
The best blogs focus on a single topic, such as ice hockey boots, playing the piano, or even how to make a tik tok video. Think about where your interests lie, and whether or not this is a topic you can help people with and know a lot about.
The best part about starting a blog is that it can be about anything you fancy, and who doesn’t want to make money writing about something that they love to do.
Try to find a topic that you are absolutely passionate about, otherwise, you will get bored writing about something if it doesn’t interest you. How to make money by blogging means that you will need to write regularly and consistently in order to make your blog successful.
Once you have your blog topic, you need to get your blog up and running.
For this, you will need to either set up your own domain hosting account via a hosting company, or use a blogging website like WordPress, Blogspot, or Hubpages.
If you are planning to make money from your blog, it is always best to get paid hosting, and your own domain name, as this will give you more leverage on your blog.
I use Wealthy Affiliate for all my hosting and domain needs. Wealthy Affiliate is also a good place to start, as you can have a free account there as long as you like, some training on how to get your blog going, and once your blog has grown you can choose whether to upgrade or not. You can read more about Wealthy Affiliate by clicking here.
I have Set Up My Blog, Now What?
After you set up your blog, and you have it looking the way you’d like it to, start adding some awesome content.
Try and publish articles on a regular basis, rather than in bursts. Space out your content so that it appears over time, rather than all at once.
Blogging is a process and you have to build out a great blog before you can start making money by blogging. It takes time, work, and patience.
If you are passionate about what your blog is about and you focus on helping people with problems related to your topic, you will gradually start getting traffic and more readers, and thus more sales over time.
Just a quick tip: never add content to your blog without doing your keyword research first. If you type your content around what people are typing into the search engines, it is more likely that your blog will be found and read.
This is one of the most important things to remember if you want to know how to make money by blogging. Without good keywords, your blog will never be found, unless you pay for advertising, which could get expensive.
Read this article if you are not sure how to go about starting the keyword research process.
Once you have a lot of useful content on your blog, you can start making money.
There are several ways that you can do this:
- You can add advertising to your site, and make money whenever someone clicks on these ads.
- You can sell banner ad displays to other marketers, providing you blog is getting a lot of traffic.
- You can use affiliate links to promote products related to your niche and make money when there is a sale. The Amazon Associates Program is a good place to start. There are also many other affiliate companies out there that you can promote products for. Another one is Clickbank which has excellent commission structures on digital products. Of course, you can also try Shareasale if you are looking at higher commissions on tangible products.
- You can sell your articles. Some websites will pay you for content, and in these articles, you can include links back to your blog, which will help drive traffic.
- You can use your blog to build your list, and many marketers make full-time incomes based on communicating with their lists. If you want to learn how to do this, sign up for some great free training through this company.
- You can also use your website to brand you, as once people know who you are and recognize a brand they will start to trust and follow you.
There is a lot that goes into not only building a successful blog but one that makes you money as well. Look at is as if you were building your own online business. It can become huge over time and it is very possible to earn a sustainable income from your blog in the future.
Just remember, this is not a way to get rich quick. You need to be consistent and keep working on your blog. Over time you will be amazed at how suddenly you blog goes from making you a few dollars a day to a few hundred dollars a day and beyond.
If you have any questions on how to make money by blogging, please feel free to comment below and I will get back to you as fast as I can.