Starting a blog for profit is not as difficult as a lot of people make it out to be. Anybody, providing they are willing to work on it, can profit from blogging. Some bloggers are even making a full-time income blogging, and although this does take some time and effort, if you are blogging about what you enjoy, it won’t even feel like work.
If you have something that you love to do, you will be an excellent candidate to start a blog for profit, because if you are passionate about a topic, you will have lots to write about on your chosen subject and thus share your views with like-minded people worldwide.
Starting a blog for profit can be on virtually any topic you want. All you need to do is check that your subject matter has enough interest worldwide.
In order to find out if there is enough of an audience for your topic, you will need to do keyword research before you start your blog to see what people are searching for on the Worldwide Web. You can read more about how to do keyword research here.
I do all my keyword research on Jaaxy, which members of Wealthy Affiliate get to use for free.
Whatever your interest, whether it be golf, scrap-booking, or flying kites, there are always hundreds of related products you can promote on your blog and thus make commissions when your readers buy any of your recommended merchandise.
There are many other ways to monetize your blog, all of which you will learn how to do on the Wealthy Affiliate Platform.
Because you are writing content aimed at the world, even if you choose a small niche, you will gain enough interest, as there are so many billions of people in the world who are interested in what you are interested in.
This means that you can earn money even as you sleep at night. The trick is to create an interesting blog with loads of interesting content so that –
- You get followers who will visit your blog regularly.
- You will get ranked by Google and get tons of organic traffic, provided you are ranking well.
Obviously, the more visitors you get, the more money you will make. You could have 300 people visiting your blog, but only one buys something. So as you can see, it is a numbers game. Any blogger should aim to get over a thousand hits per day for maximum exposure and success.
If you know what you would like to blog about, and you want to build yourself a blog that is easy to set up, you can start right here right now.
This is the blogging platform that I use, and it is built through the Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate makes it super simple to set up a WordPress Blog. Within minutes you will have your first blog set up and ready to add some of your amazing content. You can build up to two blogs free of charge, and get some excellent training while you are at it. Once you are ready to expand your blogging business you can go premium, but you can have your free sites for as long as you like.
If you want to find out more about Wealthy Affiliate, you can read my review by clicking here.
Tips For Starting A Blog For Profit
Once you have your blog up and running, here are some tips that will help you to retain your visitors on your blog page for longer, especially if you are starting a blog for profit.
- Choose a color scheme that has 1 – 3 primary colors and another 1 – 3 secondary colors that both contrast and complement each other. Different tones of the same color work very well for consistency. Try to use a white background with dark fonts, as it is easier on the eye and easier to read.
- Choose a font style that complements your content. Fonts that have rounded edges make your blog look friendly, while hard-edged fonts make your blog look solid and strong. If you want a sophisticated look, there are font styles for that as well.
- Don’t have too much clutter in the background behind your text, or it could become difficult to read and distract the reader.
- Use images on all your posts, as people love to look at pictures. Just make sure that the image suits what you are writing about.
- Make sure to keep your blog organized for ease of use. Link to other pages within your posts, so that users can navigate around your blog with ease.
- Make sure your content is interesting and helpful. Your aim is to attract real people to your blog and not robots.
- Stay on topic. Make sure that you write about what your heading is about, or answer the question that you say you will answer in your heading.
- Don’t try to wing it on your own. Learn from the best bloggers. That is why I use Wealthy Affiliate, because not only is the training second to none, but they also have an entire community of bloggers who are there to help and support you so that you don’t feel you are trying to succeed on your own.
Please feel free to comment below, especially if you are starting a blog for profit.
I agree making money from blogging can prove very easy. As you mentioned if you have a particular interest you should find blogging as a business particularly easily.
Something I’ve never given too much thought to is the colour scheme of my blogs (beyond whether I’ve liked the look of them). I’ll take on board what you said with regards to colour schemes and it being easier on the readers eye!
Thanks for the comment Nate, and glad I could help.
I enjoy blogging myself. Once you start writing about a subject more and more ideas start popping into your head of other topics to write about.
I like blogs with a lot of white space myself that are not too cluttered up with advertising. Color scheme as you stated is important. I think most of the templates you can get for your blog have decent color schemes. Although every once in a while you see one that is just hideous!
You are right Chris, and what is worse is that I have actually seen the hidious ones being used online by other bloggers.
I found this post to be informative and inspiring. I am currently working on my first blog and am learning every day.
The information on colour schemes certainly makes sense and I will certainly ensure to follow suit.
The best thing I ever did was start my own internet blog and I’m sure you feel the same way!
Of course Craig, and it is so addictive. Thank you for your comment.
Hey, great blog post. Was very easy to read.
My goal is to earn money from blogging. In the beginning I would want to earn at least the same amount of money what I would get as working part-time in my country.
Hopefully I will achieve that one day. Still goal to reach around 1000 visitors per day seems impossible as I’m only starting out. But I’m not giving up!
Just keep working on that content and the visitors will gradually increase. It just takes time and patience.
Thank you so much for helping me to see that it is not as difficult as I thought it would be. I have been thinking about how to build my own blog website to start my business.;
So I’m very glad you introduced Wealthy Affiliate to me as the best place I can start my business from.
I am going to give them a try now to see how their training program really works.
Thanks for sharing this useful information.
You will not regret joining, even if as a free member, as you can only gain more valuable experience and learn how to build a sustainable income for life.
All the best with your website.