Starting a blog for profit is not as difficult as a lot of people make it out to be. Anybody, providing they are willing to work on it, can profit from blogging. Some bloggers are even making a full-time income blogging, and although this does take some time and effort, if you are blogging about what you enjoy, it won’t feel like work.
If you have something that you love to do, you will be an excellent candidate to start a blog for profit, because if you are passionate about a topic, you will have lots to write about on your chosen subject and thus share your views with like-minded people.
Whatever your interest, whether it be golf, scrap-booking or flying kites, there are always hundreds of related products you can promote on your blog and thus make commissions when your readers buy any of your recommended merchandise. Because you are writing for the world to see, even if you choose a small niche, you will gain enough views, as there are so many billions of people in the world who are interested in what you are interested in.
This means that you can earn money even as you sleep at night. The trick is to create an interesting blog with loads of interesting content so that –
- You get followers who will visit your blog regularly.
- You will get ranked by Google and get tons of organic traffic, provided you are ranking well.
Obviously, the more visitors you get, the more money you will make. You could have 300 people visiting your blog, but only one buys something. So as you can see, it is a numbers game. Any blogger should aim to get over a thousand hits per day for maximum exposure and success.
If you know what you would like to blog about, and you want to build yourself a blog that is easy to set up, you can start right here right now.
This is the blogging platform that I use, and it is called Wealthy Affiliate. They make it super simple to set up a WordPress Blog and within minutes you will have your first blog set up and ready to write on. You can build up to two blogs free of charge, and get some excellent training while you are at it. Once you are ready to expand your blogging business you can go premium, but you can have your free sites for as long as you like.
If you want to find out more about Wealthy Affiliate, you can read my review by clicking here.
Starting A Blog For Profit Tips
Once you have your blog up and running, here are some tips that will help you to retain your visitors on your blog page for longer, especially if you are starting a blog for profit.
- Choose a color scheme that has 1 – 3 primary colors and another 1 – 3 secondary colors that both contrast and complement each other. Different tones of the same color work very well for consistency. Try to use a white background with dark fonts, as it is easier on the eye and easier to read.
- Choose a font style that complements your content. Fonts that have rounded edge make your blog look friendly, while hard-edged fonts make your blog look solid and strong. If you want a sophisticated look, there are font styles for that as well.
- Don’t have too much clutter in the background behind you text, or it could become difficult to read.
- Use images on all your posts, as people love to look at pictures. Just make sure that the image suits what you are writing about.
- Make sure to keep your blog organized for ease of use. Link to other pages within your posts, so that users can navigate around your blog with ease.
- And last but not least – stay on topic. Make sure that you write about what your heading is about, or answer the question that you say you will answer in your heading.
Please feel free to comment below, especially if you are starting a blog for profit.