Blog comments are the life and soul of your blog. How to get comments on your blog should be one of your main focuses while you are building out your website and your business.
There are many reasons why you should aim to get comments on your blog and here are just some of the reasons that you need to take the time to not only allow, but also to reply to comments.
- Google loves comments and will rank your entire blog higher if you do have people engaging on your site.
- It is your opportunity to get to know your readers, answer the questions that they have and help them.
- It is good for branding, as people who comment on your blog will generally join your list, buy your products and also recommend you to others. Just as long as you engage with them and reply to their comments.
- Allowing comments can improve your website, as your readers can make suggestions and give you incite on just what type of information they are looking for. Feedback can only make you a better blogger.
How To Get Comments On Your Blog
Now let us explore some ideas on how to get comments on your blog.
You need to build up relevant comments, so don’t be scared to delete all those automated comments that robots leave on your site. In fact in order to cut off the spam comments, it is a good idea to install the WP-Spamshield Pluggin.
Here are some super easy ideas on how to get comments on your blog.
- Try to be transparent in your writing, and let people know what is happening in your life, whether it be good or bad. Nobody has perfect days every day, so let your readers know when something goes wrong. If you are open and honest with your readers, you will connect with them far better.
- Be yourself when you write, and don’t pretend to be somebody you are not. Share your experiences and your ideas with your readers, and aim to help people to take the next step in their journey.
- Check your comments regularly and make sure you reply to your comments. In this way you are reaching out and connecting with your readers. It doesn’t have to take your hours, just be brief and helpful. The time you take to do this will ensure that your blog moves up in the search engines.
- Help people by replying to your visitors questions, or if you can’t help them try to refer them to somebody who can.
- If your readers are battling with something, offer some words of encouragement. Because online work is such an isolated job, it always helps if we can encourage one another.
- Be consistent, and check your blog regularly for new comments. If you are late in replying for whatever reason, a simple explanation should do it, but do still reply.
- At the end of your posts, invite people to comment and share their views, and this will encourage more people to leave comments.
- Try to write new content for you blog regularly, as this will entice both new, and old readers to come back to read more of what you have to offer.
Remember that when you start a blog, for the first few months, you won’t get a lot of visitors, so you need to be patient, because only when you start to get a lot of visitors, will you start getting great and relevant comments on your site.
In the mean time, try using Wealthy Affiliate to leverage your comments.
If you are a member of Wealthy Affiliate, the members help each other by reviewing and commenting on each others blogs. You can read more about Wealthy Affiliate by clicking here.
In the meantime, get those comments coming in.