If you are wondering to yourself ‘is affiliate marketing a business to get into,’ I would like to shed a little more light on this type of business model so that you can judge for yourself if it will work in your particular situation or circumstances.
What Exactly Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
Who Should Attempt To Get Into Affiliate Marketing?
The wonderful part about affiliate marketing is that you don’t need much in the way of start-up costs like other business models would.
If you want to work for yourself, either full time or part time, maybe this will be just the thing for you to do. This is one of the few business models that you can own and you won’t need to pay a fortune to set it up for yourself. In fact, you can get started for free.
Other traits you should posess if you are thinking of going into affiliate marketing:
- are you a creative person?
- do you like to write?
- do you enjoy designing things?
- do you have a hobby or passion that you feel you would like to share with the world?
- do you have a fast internet connection and a computer or lap top?
- would you like the opportunity to help others make informed decisions?
This type of business model is ideal for students, pensioners, housewives or anybody who needs to make either extra money or a full time income.
If you need money by tomorrow, this might not be the business model for you. Like any business, it will take time to build up, but the more work you put in, the more you will get out. I know of some people who have already made sales three months after starting their affiliate marketing websites.
What Does Affiliate Marketing Involve?
This is how you would start an affiliate marketing business in a nutshell.
- Choose a subject, topic or niche that you are passionate about or know a lot about.
- Do some market research to see if there are enough people worldwide who are interested in your topic of choice.
- Start a website that aims to inform people about your chosen topic.
- Write related articles for your website based on questions that people are typing into the search engines worldwide.
- Over time develop and grow your website.
- Monetise your website so that you can start earning.
- Keep on building out your website to attract more traffic and sales.
What Are The Benefits Of Doing Affiliate Marketing?
If you are still wondering is Affiliate Marketing a business to think about starting, here are some excellent reasons why it is a great idea:
- Low start up costs.
- A great from of passive income. This means that you do the work today and in a few months you will get paid over and over from that particular days work.
- It’s creative and addictive.
- There is nothing quite as satisfying as learning to generate your own income.
- There is nobody to answer to except yourself.
- You don’t need to rent expensive premises or pay staff, unless you so choose.
- You can choose what type of website and products you want to sell, and if the products interest you, you will love going to work each day.
- This type of business is scaleable, and the more you learn, and the more you work, the more you will earn.
- You don’t need to pay people in order to sell their products.
- You can build your business up over time to become a full time income.
How To Get Started With Affiliate Marketing
First of all, you are going to need to decide what type of products you would like to sell. Preferably choose products related to interests you have or subects that you know about.
If you love to play golf, then think about a golfing related website where you can recommend products that you have tried, as well as supply helpful information and tips to your readers on the game of golf.
Once you have decided on a topic for your website and done the necessary keyword research you will need to build a website.
If you click on the button above, you can build yourself an instant professional looking website powered by Wealthy Affiliate. You will also have access to training that will get you going with your website all at no cost to you. If you want to read a little more about Wealthy Affiliate first, click here.
Building a website is normally technically quite challenging, but by using the button above all you need to do is put the name of your website in and in a few minutes you will have a ready to go website.
Your website will be made on the WordPress Platform, which is the most popular blogging platform in the world. If you have never worked on WordPress before, never fear, as you can get free training on Wealthy Affiliate to get you started.
Now all you need to do is add your content to your website. Remember the more you write, the bigger your website will become and over time you will get more and more visitors, and thus make more and more sales.
Aim to write all your content to help people with questions they may have about your topic of choice. Don’t do a few articles and expect to make sales. You need to be continuously adding content to your blog in order for the Search Engines to start noticing you.
So, is affiliate marketing a business to try out for yourself? You have absolutely nothing to loose, and the only way that you can fail is if you give up.
Please feel free to comment below if you have any questions relating to affiliate marketing and how you can get started.
420 total views, 1 views today