I have been writing articles online for a couple of years now, and although it is a long term strategy if you do it yourself, it is well worth the effort. I have seen first hand the benefits of writing articles.
Here are some tips for writing articles online
Article writing is a great way to get links back to your site and increase your website rankings. Web publishers are always on the lookout for good articles to place on their websites. By writing articles and submitting them to article sites, your article will show up in the Search Engine Rankings far quicker than a brand new website. If you choose targeted keywords, this is a great way to get highly targeted traffic back to your website.
Before beginning to write great articles, you will need to jot down some ideas first. Get some keywords together and put some points on paper.
To put together a quick article try finding a problem that your targeted audience have. Write down five or six ways in which to solve the problem, elaborate on each point and then write a closing paragraph. A good article length is between 350 and 750 words. Try to stick to the point and don’t go off on a tangent.
Here are some more things to implement when writing articles online:
- Don’t make it too long and drawn out or you will lose your reader along the way.
- Always spell check and proofread your article before submitting it.
- Check the validity of your article. There is nothing worse than putting something out there only to discover a few months later the information is exaggerated or untrue.
- Write in an easy to understand manner. Don’t use big words, you won’t impress anyone.
- If you are promoting a product, talk about the benefits of that product to your readers, and not just the features.
- Get to the point and don’t waffle. Look back at your title when the article is finished and ask yourself if the content has delivered what the title promised.
And finally, drive your point home and brand yourself as an expert in your field.
To read more about making money with writing articles online, click here.