Many people worldwide would love to start their own online businesses, but are just not quite sure how to go about it. What is the best online business to start and grow for yourself?
What Is The Best Online Business To Start?
Here are some things you will need to consider before deciding what the best online business to start for yourself is.
First of all you will need to build yourself an online business that is both recession proof and sustainable. Although we can’t always do as well in a recession, you need to make sure that your business will not put you into debt and will keep growing never the less.
Make sure you start an online business that can:
- be run with your existing knowledge and skills. You need to know something about the business you want to start, and you need to be passionate about what you are doing. You must be able to learn more in your field of choice quickly.
- be able to provide a recurring income for yourself. If you are swapping a salary for an online business, you need to make sure your money each month will be coming in consistently.
- have a very low upfront investment. We all know that every business that is worth starting needs some upfront investment, but remember you don’t want to bankrupt yourself before you even start.
- be run without stock. Holding stock increases your risks, and in times of recession, the last thing you need is truckloads full of unsold inventory.
- have long-term potential. If you are going to be putting your time and money into running a business, you need to make sure that it will be able to provide you with an income for years to come.
- build up loyal customers. They say it is always easier to sell to existing customers, than to get new customers. Keep this in mind as you go forward in building up your online business.
So What Is The Best Online Business To Have?
Believe me there is no shortage of choices out there when it comes to building an online business. Online business opportunities range from MLM to Pyramid schemes to selling advertising to doing surveys. The list goes on.
The best online business model that I have come across, is definitely building websites and doing affiliate marketing. If you choose to do this, you are at least building up your own business, and not somebody else’s. Long term this is best, as nobody can take your business away and nobody can shut you down.
How To Make Money From A Website
If you are building websites, the possibilities are endless. Here is a list of just some of the things you can do to make money on your website.
- Affiliate Marketing – This involves selling other peoples products. The best part is you don’t need to keep stock or even organize delivery.
- Sell your own products – A website of your own is a perfect way to advertise and sell your own merchandise if you have any.
- Membership Sites – Building membership sites can be very lucrative. You simply build a site around an interest, and then sell membership. People will have to pay you every month for what you offer. Just make sure its something good. It could be virtually anything eg: advertising, teaching something on an ongoing basis, a site that professionals can refer to, or even recipes and meal planning. The possibilities are endless.
- Renting Out Space – You can rent out advertising space on your website once you know you are getting a decent amount of traffic.
- Another way of earning is by placing Adsense on your website. Google gives you a code to place their ads on your site, and when people click on these ads, you get paid. The possibility is quite high that you will get click through’s as adverts that are placed on your site are based on the content on your site. A lot of web masters are making a good income by doing this alone.
- Use your website to attract more people to your brick and mortar business.
If you would like to get started with building websites and even affiliate marketing, you can click on the link below and find out just how easy it is to get started with the process of building a website for yourself.
It is always best to get taught by the best. With the right training and support, you can save yourself a lot of headaches in the long run.
So that is my take on what is the best online business to start and if you want to build yourself a business that will pay you for years to come, take a look at the link below.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment at the bottom of this post.
This is my top recomendation for building your own online business.
I started with Wealthy Affiliate online business site. I was very skeptic at the beginning and I almost quit. But then I realize that every success comes with great attitude and commitment! So here I am today making my site and investing all my time and effort in Affiliate marketing. Still I must mention that I love helping people with my advice so this became mutual pleasure.
I enjoyed reading your article on Best online Business To get Started in.You explain everything about the business up front so no one has any questions. You have even broke it down into the steps needed to take. Could you please tell me a little more about this Affiliate Program you recommend called Wealthy Affiliate?
Carlton, thanks for your comment. You can read more about The Wealthy Affiliate Here.
Great article on various methods to earn an income online! I have done lots of research on this topic myself and sometimes it’s hard to tell what will work and what is just another sales pitch. I myself tend to steer clear of any and all MLM as most seem to be pyramid schemes masked with some low quality product, what is your opinion on this?
Unless you are getting value for your money, for example good advertising, it is just not worth the time and effort.
Thanks for the great article on different types of online businesses that one can start. Personally, I can’t see myself selling my own product, but my view on that may change down the road. I have in fact been building my own website using Wealthy Affiliate, and I can attest to the fact that it’s the real deal. Thanks again for the info.
Yep, building a website is the way to go.
Great article. I started working online building websites, as you are. It has branched off for me some. I’m now freelance writing and assisting other people build their own site. You mentioning brick and mortar stores made me think of this lady I saw at the post office. She had 2 truckloads of packages to send to her customers. I checked her site and it’s very lucrative. So, I definitely agree with you that starting with site building is the way to go!
Thank you for your feed back Valerie. Its great to hear from readers. When it comes to what is the best online business to get started in, building sites is definetely the way to go.
Very informative post on the best online business to get started in. I couldn’t agree with you more; if you are not passionate about what your business is all about you could lose interest in time and fail miserable in your business.
Affiliate marketing I believe is the easiest of all the methods you mentioned. I have mixed feelings about google AdSense since I found out that their advertisement is not based on your niche but on the interest of the visitor. It worried me because my site is about baby products but it was showing ads about sexy Asian women.
Thanks for the informative post.
Ha Ha. Yes, that could pose a problem. I also find they don’t always match up to my content, but one of my websites is about cockatiels so that I guess would be pretty difficult to match up on. On the whole though, they have been pretty close.
There are many ways to make money from online businesses. And all you need is a website. Once you have that, you can do many things. I’ve personally tried a couple of methods mentioned in this article. But no matter which business model you go with, I think you have to consider the 3 key elements; passive income, scalability and good profit margin.
You hit the nail on the head Andrew