Do you ever wonder what is happiness about and what exactly does it mean to be happy?
If you ever have the feeling that something is missing from your life, or you feel that the world is against you, don’t worry you are not alone. Many people have these feelings and often.
Have you ever wondered why other people seem to smile and laugh all the time and always look contented?
The thing is to stop and wonder why this is? Have you ever wondered what is happiness about and what it means to actually be happy?
If you asked various different people “what is happiness about?” you would get many different answers, as what makes one person happy, doesn’t necessarily bring contentment to another.
Often you will find that you are actually happy but you just don’t realize it. This is because the hustle and bustle of life can completely overtake all else and leave us little time to enjoy the simple things that make us smile and enjoy life to the fullest.
We all have times when we get into a slump and can’t find anything that satisfies us. If this happens, then you need to figure out what sort of changes you need to make to bring the sunshine back into your life. In most cases, it is the smallest of things and you will have the means to work towards them.
Your happiness and contentment is entirely dependant on you, and nobody else can do it for you. You can decide to leave things as they are or take positive action and make the necessary changes to your life or yourself in order to accomplish contentment.
How To Find Out What Is Happiness About For You
In order to understand what happiness means to you, you need to be asking yourself the following questions:
- if I could be enjoying something in my life, what would it be?
- what makes me feel contented in my life right now?
- what can I change to make my life better?
- what steps should I be taking to work towards my dreams?
- am I in the right job and what type of job should I be doing?
Once you understand what is happiness about for you, you can build on what you have or even focus on changing your life to what you would like it to be.
The important thing to remember is to examine your feelings and thoughts by way of the answers you give to your questions, examine them honestly and concentrate on the good or bad feelings that you get from your questions and answers.
There is actually no magic spell or potion that can bring you contentment and happiness, it is something that is already right there inside of you, you just have to realize what it is, develop it and bring it out to start enjoying a fuller life.
Happiness can be found in many aspects of your life – family life, work, relationships, nature or a pet, to name just a few. It can be found in the smallest of things and in any situation if you know where to look. Just remember to look in the right direction, and that is the inner you.
Developing Relationships For Happiness
Learning to develop your relationship skills can have a huge impact on your happiness in life, we all have relationships whether they are married, living together, sons, daughters, friends and family and having a good relationship with them makes a huge difference.
The biggest downfall in relationships is poor communication, as this leads to problems such as misunderstandings, disagreements, and anger, eventually putting your relationship in jeopardy. Improving your communication skills in relationships can help you to develop a deeper, lasting, more meaningful relationships and thus a so much happier life.
There are many tips and techniques which are quick and easy to learn to get more out of your relationships and develop them into more meaningful ones, here are just a few.
- When dealing with conflicts in relationships never bring up the past, try to stick to the issue at hand and try working towards a solution, bringing up past issues will only confuse the situation more and is very unlikely to go towards resolving the problem at hand.
- Always listen to what the person is saying because while many of us think we do, very few of us actually do listen whole-heartedly. Most of the time we drift off to think about other things or think about what you are going to say next.
- Try to see any conflict from the other person’s point of view, if you are both only focusing on your own point of view there will very likely be no give and take and ultimately no solution to the problem.
- Don’t immediately get on the defensive when you are criticized, while this is hard to do, as no one like to hear criticism it is important to understand that maybe the other person is trying to help you. We can all do with honest feedback.
- Instead of being pig-headed and always trying to win the argument, try looking for ways that you can come to some sort of compromise together, working together is more productive than working against each other.
- If tempers become frayed while discussing a difference of opinion, take a break. If you keep going at it all one of you may say something they will regret later.
- Don’t always put the blame on the other person, realize that you are not perfect and not always right all the time.
- If you feel your relationship is going downhill fast then don’t be afraid to get some help via counseling from an outside source.
- Make time for your relationships. Try taking a long walk that gives you the opportunity to talk instead of sitting down in front of the TV.
- Make a surprise and unexpected call to your loved one, family members or friends if for nothing else but just to say “Hi, I was just thinking about you”
- Make your loved ones feel special every now and again, give them a token of your appreciation to let them know you care or to say thank you.
- In loving relationships make sure the other knows how you feel, when talking hold hands or show some other sign of affection to them.
How To Make Every Day A Great Day
The key to enjoying life and making the most of every day is to notice the little things in life that happen all around us. Take a moment to breathe, slow down and look around you.
Just focus on enjoying each and every precious minute throughout the day. Today’s world is filled with hustle and bustle, people rushing here, there and everywhere without a minute to spare, we have more advancements in technology to help in our life yet we still don’t seem to have a minute to spare for ourselves.
Perhaps it’s all these advancements in technology such as computers, video games, cable TV and the like that have made us forget all about enjoying the simple things in life such as just sitting and talking, sharing a family meal around the table or going for a walk.
Try some mindfulness or meditation to ease the stresses of the day.
In order to fully enjoy every moment of every day it is essential we slow down, learn to relax a little and think about ourselves, what we want out of life, what we enjoy doing, what makes us happy and puts a smile on our face.