How to stay positive in a negative world is a very tricky thing indeed to manage. We are surrounded by negative people, negative media, and negative things happening all around us. Often we can’t stop those negative thoughts from filtering into our minds and sometimes don’t even realize that we are being negative.
This post may contain affiliate links.
What is Negativity?
If you find yourself moaning about everything that goes wrong in your life – you are being negative.
If you think your job is boring – you are being negative.
If you complain that your car is old – you are being negative.
If you complain that your life is hard or dull – you are being negative.
If you think nobody likes you – you are being negative.
The above are all classic negative behavior examples.
So What is Positivity?
A positive thinker always sees the glass as half full instead of half empty.
A positive thinker is always looking on the bright side of life, no matter what goes wrong.
A positive thinker is somebody who is grateful for what they have in life and thankful to be alive.
Here are some examples:
- If you were a positive thinker you would say my car is old, but it is reliable and the insurance is cheap.
- If you were a positive thinker you would not say my life is boring, you would focus on the fact that you are well-fed, have a roof over your head, and don’t have any unnecessary drama in your life.
- If you were a positive thinker, you would not moan about your funny feet, you would focus on the fact that you are so lucky to have your health and feet that get you from point A to point B.
- You would not worry about people not liking you, because that is their problem, not yours.
In other words, you would focus on what is good in your life and not what you think is bad.
A positive thinker is always looking on the bright side of life, no matter what goes wrong. A positive thinker is optimistic, whereas the negative thinker is always inward looking and they have the attitude that life is conspiring against them to make them more miserable.
While we all love to complain, it actually does more bad than good. Feeling negative all the time tends to make us feel listless, withdrawn, stressed, and anxious. It will end up consuming you and those around you will also be affected.
How To Stay Positive In A Negative World
Here are some tips on learning how to look on the bright side of life and how to stay positive in a negative world.
- Just as one can improve their health, it is also possible to change your mental state of mind too.
- Firstly you need to look after your health. Being healthy is something a lot of us take for granted until we do get sick. If you eat too much of the wrong types of food, you will battle to concentrate, feel listless, and have no energy. Focus on small changes to your diet each day like adding extra fruit or cutting out something unhealthy. Something as simple as incorporating 30 minutes of exercise into your daily routine can also make the world of difference. Positive thoughts will also help you to lose weight believe it or not.
- If you don’t get it right the first time, don’t focus on it, rather focus on what you did to towards improving your health, and this will encourage you to stay on track with your fitness goals.
- Set realistic goals for yourself and write down those small achievements when you reach them. This will also help you to feel better about yourself.
- Keep a gratitude diary and at the end of each day write down three things that went well for you. The more you start to appreciate the little things in life, the more positive changes you will make in your life.
- Feeling stressed out? Take a moment to take a few deep breaths. Think about your posture and your breathing, then focus on all the wonderful things around you, like birds singing, sun shining, or imagine your self in a beautiful place.
- Find yourself a positive role model and learn from them. Try to avoid negative people, as they do tend to rub off on you.
- Try to consciously note whenever you are feeling happy and savor that moment.
- Try not to watch the news too often. It is mostly just negative and depressing.
- Try to read something motivational each day or grab one of these great books at the bottom of the page to keep you motivated. They cost next to nothing. Everyone should have a mindset book next to their bedside along with their bible.
And finally, take the time to smile at others, be generous and kind as this will help you to feel good about yourself. Please feel free to comment below if you have any other suggestions on how to stay positive in a negative world.
91 total views, 1 views today