How to do keyword research is one of the first dilemmas newcomers to internet marketing, and website promotion, confront. Sometimes it feels like you need a science degree in order to work out how to do keyword research. Google Keyword Research can be daunting as it is rife with unfamiliar terms and concepts.
Five Free Sites For Doing Google Keyword Research
Here is a list that you will love of website resources that are free to use, and that will help you begin to understand keywords, and how they affect your marketing efforts. Because these tools are free, they may not contain the in-depth analysis and information that some are seeking. When you try these free tools, you can better decide which ones are best for your business needs, before deciding on the right tool to purchase.
One thing to keep in mind about SEO is that your keyword ranking is much more dependent on how you use keywords in your content than upon technical knowledge.
Here are five, free SEO and keyword tools to explore:
- WordStream offers a free keyword tool. They say this gives better pay-per-click (PPC) and search-engine-optimization (SEO) keyword selection. They also include a video tutorial to help with understanding.
- Keyword Tool promotes themselves as an alternative to Google Keyword Planner. This tool is designed to create long-tailed keywords from the topic you supply. As with most free internet tools, more inclusive paid versions are available.
- Übersuggest claims to “quickly find new keywords not available in Google Keyword Planner.” A short video on the Übersuggest landing page shows how their tool works. A search box on the homepage allows you to type in your keyword for multiple suggestions, including long-tailed keyword ideas.
- SEO Book Keyword Tool features English language keywords based on research from the old Google search based keyword tool. The tool assumes Google has 83% of the market, with Yahoo and Bing commanding the remainder.
- Keyword offers keywords based on your intended market such as Amazon, Ebay, YouTube, Alibaba, and more. Instructions for using the tool feature on the landing page. A professional version is available.
By accessing these free keyword sites, you will begin to see exciting results in your keyword marketing efforts.
I have learnt over the years that nothing beats having a good keyword tool on hand that you can use with ease and speed. To read more about my Google Keyword Research Tool of choice, click here.